Wednesday, July 2, 2014

The Fool and the Priestess












(I'm terrible at sizing things as I'm drawing. Sorry if these are hard to view because of their odd shape. Was going for a banner kind of thing. Frustrated that it not entirely symmetrical but I'm letting its go before I permanently check-in to crazytown.) 

Sometimes its hard to imagine Blake and Rose together, with the same features. We know that they're basically the same person, but how much of them are exactly the same? What hand gestures, what expressions? I keep doodling parts of their faces, and especially scenes where they're side by side so I can try to pin their appearances down. And then I came up with this, where they are two halves of a whole. Just an idea/practice, as I'm fleshing out more illustrations from the book.


So. 

Guys. 

Guys listen. 

What if - 

What if I designed a Pact-themed tarot deck? 

:D 



(Personal update: I don't have another day off for the next 9 days, so this is it for the week. Will be back to working on stuff hopefully next monday, but in the meantime I need to remember to sleep and eat.)


4 comments:

  1. Man, I love your work, it's awesome.

    I wish I wasn't so poor so I could throw money at you. But maybe soon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, no sweat. I've been wanting to throw money at Wildbow for ages and haven't been able to either - instead I've shackled myself to some kind of self-inflicted artistic slavery to show my support. Sigh.

    The kind words and thoughts are severely appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to say I utterly love your art :3 And while this post is rather old, I'd love to see a Pact Tarot deck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man, a Pact Tarot deck would be so awesome. Love your art, btw. Wish I wasn't the quintessential poor college student right now so I could donate.

    ReplyDelete